Monday, September 26, 2011

bringing it back to the streets

Well, heyyo people. Haha. Mood streetfest, jalanan kan xD

 Showdown2011 Street Festival 
 Date : 24th September 2011 
 Venue: Old Wing Car Park, One Utama 

Upon reading this long time ago, I mean, not that long until it took a year. It's about, a month maybe. Or less. I forgot. But the thing that I could remember was that, I was very very very wanting to go there, to meet 'em. 

So, up to then, I knew this guy named Ali Zainal, and I told him that I AM interested in this kind of field, to watch 'em performing the arts, the street arts - from the street dance to the breakdancing. And, to be frank, he IS also interested in this. Yeah, now I got a partner in crime! Last week, we went to watch the Wakaka Crew but too bad we missed it. Haha. Ok, cut that part, enough of it. 

Continuing my journey to the StreetFest, at first, I was thinking about going there alone, since nobody's going to accompany me there. He told me that he couldn't make it, stucked in his college. Then Ro came to the rescue :) Since Piki was very worried about me going there alone. Haha, thanks a lot for being worry, you guys!

We took the KTM Komuter to KL Central and then the LRT, lastly by taxi, just like what Piki taught - route to the OU. Then, there, I was standing , the place where the 8TV ran the event. Still not much people were there but yes, on the main stage, I could see, clearly, Dennis Yin as the MC and Chris Ooi as one of the judges, judging the all style dance competition, and then did some show for the crowd together with Jackson Boogie J and Sheena Cruz. I did record the moves of the judges but yeah, I ain't that tall, so the video, you can imagine, what had happened, when you're shorter than the person in front of you, and you couldn't see the screen of your phone while recording.

Then, Ro and I walked around the area of the car park and OU, watching the kids practicing the b-boy moves for the competition, the men doing graffiti, bicycle stunt, the booth, taking some pictures and of course, I bought souvenir, a limited edition t-shirt for myself (: and yeah, one for my friend. After that, we went back home as I was informed by the 8TV worker that the crews will only come at night. It's great already for me to  rub my eyeballs upon seeing both Dennis and Chris, but I hope that some other day, I will meet HMC Phlow, my favourite crew, especially Fareez. One day, insyaALLAH.



The graffiti artists and Ro

The t-shirt :D
crazy me

and last but not least,


the main stage, my favourite spot xD

No comments: